This vibrant, summery raw spinach soup is the perfect meal when you need something light yet hearty. It's packed with vitamins and enzymes, and I'm sure you will feel more invigorated after having some spoonfuls of it. Actually, I get a boost of energy already just by looking at the vivid green color of the soup. Plus, it's as easy as ABC: Soak the cashews first, then blend all soup ingredients on high until you get a creamy deliciousness. Soup in a blender, voila!
I like to eat the soup gently warmed up to intensify the flavors, especially the garlicky note. If you're into a raw food diet, you can slightly warm the soup up to 40° C and it will still be classed as „raw“.
Raw Spinach Soup With Cashews and Lemon Zest
There is soaking of nuts involved (3-4 hours).
- 200 g cashews
- 125 g baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 big cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast optional
- ½ lemon juice and zest
- 750 ml water
To Sprinkle on Top
- 2 teaspoon hulled hemp seeds or any other seeds, such as sesame, sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- Soak the cashews for 3-4 hours or overnight. Drain them and rinse them really well.
- Wash or clean the baby spinach.
- Add all ingredients to your blender and blend on high until you get a smooth consistency. I assume that you can also puree the soup with an immersion blender, but I haven't tried it yet.
- Warm the soup up after your fancy. Taste test and add some salt if needed.
- Serve the soup sprinkled with some hulled hemp seeds on top.