Here is the perfect healthy snack, especially if you’re as big of a coconut fan as I am. You’ll only need 3 ingredients to make this delicious treat: Crispy coconut chips candy sweetened only with rice syrup, and flavored with a hint of cinnamon.
The sweet chips are super easy to make and they come together quickly in the oven. They are great to munch on when you’re looking for something to satisfy your sweet tooth. Plus, they are not only yummy on their own, but make also an excellent topping for fruits, cakes, muffins, breakfast bowls, puddings, or ice cream.
Sweet Coconut Brittle Chips
- 150 g large coconut chips
- 100 ml rice syrup
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 100° C / 212° F (fan on).
- Mix the rice syrup and the cinnamon.
- Spread the coconut chips on a lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle the syrup over the coconut chips.
- Bake the chips for about 5 minutes and then toss them. By this time the rice syrup should be very runny so that it's easier to coat the chips evenly.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 15 minutes until they are golden brown. Stir halfway through.
- Once done, leave to cool completely so that they become perfectly crispy.