Rhubarb is still in season and I can’t think of a better way to celebrate it than with a delicious twist on a classic piña colada recipe. Coconut milk, pineapple juice, and bananas make a smooth, sweet and healthy non-alcoholic tropical cocktail. Rhubarb adds a fine sour note and freshness to the creamy, delicious drink, that little extra something for your taste buds. The perfect rich and fresh spring cocktail!
If you don’t care for a virgin cocktail, throw white rum into the mix for a good buzz.
Virgin Rhubarb Piña Colada
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 300 g rhubarb 1-2 stalks
- 600 ml pineapple juice
- 2 very ripe bananas
- Sweetener of choice optional
- Trim the ends of the rhubarb, peel the stalks, and cut them into pieces.
- In a pot, bring the coconut milk to a boil, reduce the heat, and cook the rhubarb pieces on low heat for a couple of minutes until they are soft (with the lid on).
- Leave to cool completely.
- Blend with the pineapple juice and the peeled bananas until creamy and smooth.
- If you like the cocktail sweeter, add sweetener of your choice.