Broccoli is one of my favorite vegetables. It’s not only pretty with its bright green color and the florets that resemble little blooms; I also love its distinct and slightly nutty flavor. Above all, it’s extremely versatile and absorbs both Asian and Mediterranean seasoning. The current recipe demonstrates how well broccoli and roasted sesame oil go together. You only need 4 ingredients to make this delicious side dish, but I’m pretty sure you’ll be surprised by the depth of its taste.
You can easily turn this snack into a main by serving the broccoli with fragrant jasmine rice.
Warm Broccoli Salad with Toasted Sesame Oil and Gomasio
- 2 heads of broccoli about 1 kg
- 2 tablespoons of toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons of native neutral sesame oil
- 100 g gomasio either store-bought or home-made
- Wash the broccoli and cut it into florets.
- Cook or steam the broccoli until soft and then drain well. Be careful to not overcook it, leaving the florets slightly crisp.
- Mix the roasted and the native sesame oil.
- Divide the broccoli among 4 plates or bowls. Drizzle with the oil mix and sprinkle with gomasio.