Chocolate pudding to me is always a good idea, and even more so if the luscious chocolate flavor is accompanied by a dreamy and sweet coconut aroma. Here is a heavenly creamy chocolate pudding made with coconut milk and coconut blossom sugar; it is sweet, delicious and flavorful on its own, but once topped with sour cherries and sweet coconut chips this simple and easy dessert becomes a scrumptious and exquisite treat that you can serve at any festive occasion.
If you’re not into sour cherries or don’t have them on hand, try the following great topping: A dollop of plant-based yogurt, cacao nibs, and coconut flakes. Or just forget about the topping and enjoy this rich and gooey coconut chocolate pudding by itself.
Creamy Coconut Chocolate Pudding with Sour Cherries and Coconut Brittle
- You'll need a whisk.
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding mix 40 g
- 100 ml cold water
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 100 g coconut blossom sugar
- 125 g sour cherries fresh or frozen
- 20 g sweet coconut brittle chips see my easy recipe here (alternatively, you can use regular coconut chips)
- If you're using frozen sour cherries, defrost and drain them in a sieve at room temperature for at least 1 hour. If you have fresh sour cherries, pit them.
- Dissolve the pudding mix in 100 ml of cold water.
- In a pot, bring the coconut milk to a boil. Reduce the heat, and pour the pudding mix into the coconut milk while whisking continuously until the pudding starts to thicken. Add the coconut sugar and continue whisking. Turn off the heat once the mix has a creamy, firm consistency.
- Pour the hot pudding into 2 glasses or bowls.
- Decorate with sour cherries and coconut chips.