This is my easy go-to dip for my spicy multi-seed crackers. But be warned: This cream cheese spread tastes so good that you’ll eat it by the spoonful (like I do).
The nutty, hearty flavor of flaxseed oil harmonizes nicely with the mild, oniony taste of chives.
Besides, I’m always happy to have recipes starring flaxseed oil, as it is rich in omega-3, omega-6 and omega-9 fatty acids, great for people following a veg diet.
Flaxseed oil has been also known to help with hormonal imbalances, especially in women, and with protecting from osteoporosis. So, there are plenty of reasons to give this spread a try.
By the way, did I mention that it also tastes fantastic on sourdough bread or with veggie sticks?
Cream Cheese Dip with Chives and Flaxseed Oil
- 500-550 g cream cheese either store-bought or homemade out of 800 g/1,75 lb vegan yogurt, see my easy recipe here
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed oil
- 30 g chives fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon salt
- If you're using fresh chives, wash them and chop them.
- Mix the chives with the other ingredients.
- Taste test and adjust the taste to your liking by adding more salt or flaxseed oil.