Esther is back with another fantastic recipe!
After the huge success of her Simple, Delicious Tomato Sauce, our family is now keeping cool with her delightful iced tea.
And can we just talk about the name? Razzle Dazzle Iced Tea! Saying it feels like a joyful mantra - RAZZLE DAZZLE ICED TEA. RAZZLE DAZZLE ICED TEA... It fills me with cheerfulness. (Feel free to join in if you like.)
Recipe and photo by Esther B.
Esther's razzle dazzle iced tea
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 2 cloves
- ½ star anis or just some broken bits like in the picture
- 2 - 3 thin slices of fresh ginger
- A few sprigs of fresh mint
- Put all ingredients except the mint in a tea bag, tea ball, or sieve. Steep in 1 liter of boiling water for about 5 or 10 minutes.
- Add the mint. Steep for another 5 minutes or so. You can also add the mint to the serving jug after it has cooled down instead of steeping it in hot water. The result is pretty and “mintier.” You can also add blackberries to the jug to make it look really fancy.
- Remove spices and let cool to room temperature before transferring to the refrigerator to chill or add ice cubes to have right away.
What's your favorite go-to drink for staying cool on hot days? Do you have any preferred spices to add to your iced tea?
Wishing you planty of drinkable delights,